If you are currently running a website but your website isn’t getting enough traffic then there might be something you still need to learn about it. Many websites use black hat strategies to generate traffic to their site, which might be an effective thing to do for the time being but if you don’t know organic ways to do that, you are not going to survive in this continuously evolving industry.
Apart from just discussing the reasons why your website’s traffic is low, we’ll try our best to provide you with some of the finest solutions to up your game in this field. You just need to shift your focus to certain areas so that you know where you are lacking. Once you acknowledge the core problems, you can easily solve them but do remember one thing, things take time! And all these changes might need several months to work out.
We assume that’s quite enough for an introduction, so, without delaying it any further let’s move forward and discuss the main thing. We are about to list down the 8 most common reasons which can be the cause of low traffic.
4 Major Reasons that Cause Low Traffic on Your Website!
You Need to Work On Your SEO Game!
You know why we are saying this. Just because you have taken that six months internship does not mean you have become a pro in search engine optimization. The only way to learn is to practice, that is what makes you perfect. Seo plays a great role in ranking your website and generating an organic audience. As we know that Google is the best and fastest source of getting free traffic but it’s not easy to reserve your name in the top ten searches, hence, your content needs to be to-notch and exceptional to get there. But don’t worry, here’s how you can fix this problem.
How to fix it?
- Yoast SEO is one of the best WordPress SEO plugins. You just need to install it and use the configuration wizard for an automatic setup.
- Don’t forget Google Analytics, Search Console, and an XML Sitemap because each of them is vital for SEO. With the help of Google Analytics, you can keep the track of your site’s traffic overall. Plus it confirms your website using the search console which helps you to keep tabs on your search presence.
- You can use Yoast on-page SEO to optimize your content.
This is just the beginning, but optimizing your content is also a big achievement and a first step towards attracting the right audience to your website.
Keywords might be out of your league
Your content might not be based on keywords completely but it does depend on them and if you are a search engine optimizer then you might know how important keywords are for SERP. Math is pretty simple here, the most used keyword in Google search is most likely to get targeted and it makes it ten times harder to beat your competitors.
How to fix it?
- There is a simple rule of long-tail and short-tail in the world of SEO. If you are targeting keywords like Professional Writers, it will hardly work. Instead, you should use something like, “write my dissertation UK which is strong and can easily be ranked because of the brief. Long-tail keywords are most likely to get ranked than others. Because half of the entire population believes in writing a whole summary in a search engine to get the answer to their query. JK. But this is the most effective way of doing that.
- Apart from that, you can always prefer to gain authority over long-tail keywords. But it might take months and years and you have to be patient with that.
Your content is not up to date
You can create new content or optimize existing content using the help. Because most of the time marketers unknowingly post outdated content or don’t bother to update existing content which makes it hard for people to find your website. For instance, you have a website that offers academic assistance but the traffic is quite slow. All you have to do is follow SEO basics to optimize it. This also affects content’s quality, and if you can’t generate enough audience for your articles then how can you expect them to go through your website? Try this to fix it!
Have you heard about high-quality content? Well, that’s what you need to do. And all of this content should be optimized for the web. If you are thinking, how you can do that, well as we have said above, you can either work on your existing content or try to produce something new it all depends on you. However, we can tell you how it should be structured.
- Try to keep your paragraphs precise
- Stop fluffing or gobbledygook
- For emphasis, make sure you are using bold and italics
- Never hesitate to include images and multimedia
- Always back up whatever you say with proofs, sources, and links.
You don’t know how to produce catchy headlines
If you want to sell something you need to advertise it in the best way possible. One of the main reasons for not getting traffic can be your lack of creativity when it comes to constructing headlines. Many people buy the worst thing just because of those catchy headlines. You don’t sell the product but your content does. It is also a sort of your first impression on them so you gotta make sure that you are giving your best shot.
How to fix it?
You can use this simple formula to create headlines that can surely secure your place at the top of SERPs.
- [number] + [adjective] + [keyword] + [promise]
- For example; 30 Affective Ways to Write an Essay That Will Help You to Score Highest!
The reason why ranking your website and generating huge traffic is a major concern for marketers is that without it your website is almost non-existing. It helps to build the website’s credibility. If it’s not ranked, you won’t be able to do online business. It is a sort of security for your future success. Because the future depends on technology and online businesses. We hope
Michael Hussey is known for his incredible writing style and for conducting in-depth research on her topics before he starts writing about them. He has been working in this field for quite a long time now and right now he is considered to be one of the most professional writers on the AssignmentMaster.co.uk team.