QuickBooks has always been in demand and leading accounting software. Over 2 million active users are managing their business finances through QuickBooks because it offers high-quality features and functionalities. However, there might be such a situation of facing company files errors or network issues while using QuickBooks. Today, our purpose is to tell you about a tool that can help in making the QuickBooks software free from such errors.
We have seen that many business owners are not aware of the various tools and the latest technologies of QuickBooks. If you are working on QuickBooks for so long, it becomes compulsory to know or have an idea about the tool for resolving QuickBooks error codes to continue working on the software. The doctor tool has been created and introduced for resolving company file and network-related issues in 2012. Earlier it was called QuickBooks diagnostic Tool but now it is known as QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
What is a QuickBooks File Doctor?
QuickBooks Doctor was launched in 2012 and is a tool that aids in detecting and fixing damaged files in QuickBooks accounting software. It is best for troubleshooting QuickBooks network issues. Moreover, it is a handy tool to troubleshoot and fix many general problems with QuickBooks network issues as well as QuickBooks Company files. This tool is built-in only in QuickBooks 2016 and its updated version. It is not accessed by Mac users because it is compatible only with Windows users.
QuickBooks Doctor Tool is a combination of two different diagnostic tools. After that, Engineers combined their company files data repairing tool and network diagnostic tool into a new tool which is known as QuickBooks File Doctor. If you are facing any error related to QuickBooks, you need to run QBs file doctor.
QuickBooks File Doctor Tool: Types of version
Well, QuickBooks File Doctor Tool has two versions of tools that are available on the official websites.
- Built-in QuickBooks Tool: –
It has some important requirements like it can be accessed in the latest version of QuickBooks. So, for using this tool make sure that you have an updated version of the software in your computer systems. It is used only for CA, US, and UK QuickBooks software versions. It has compatibility with windows 7, windows 8, windows 10, and server 2003-2012.
- Stand-Alone QuickBooks Tool: –
This version is used when you have to host servers, connectivity, and network-related problems but it can be accessed if you activate the QuickBooks database Manager.
Features of QuickBooks File Doctor
- It is mainly used for debugging and rectifying errors such as QBs Error 6000 82, QBs Error 6000 305, QBs Error 6150, QBs Error Code 6000, QBs Error Code 6189, etc.
- This tool helps to solve the setup issues related to network and connectivity errors.
- Moreover, It also helps to back up your lost data and corrupted data which is valuable.
- If you want to access the company file which is saved on another system, QuickBooks Doctor will help you to access the company file.
- QuickBooks Doctor is a go-to tool for fixing the H series errors such as Error H505, Error H303, Error H202, Error H101, etc.
Errors Resolved by QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- H series errors.
- 6000 series errors.
- QuickBooks is not responding to error
- QuickBooks is not able to open the company file error.
- Multi-user error mode related to network errors
- Malware attack hard drive error
- Installation Errors
- Configuration errors in firewall port.
- Updating QuickBooks Error.
- Missing vendor, customer, or employee lists.
If you find any of these above-mentioned errors, you can use QuickBooks File Doctor Tool to resolve your issues.
Download and Installation Steps of QuickBooks File Doctor:
- You need to exit all the running programs related to QuickBooks in the background.
- After that, you need to download the QuickBooks Doctor.
- When you download the QFD successfully, you have an extension file(.exe) in your system.
- Now, open the extension file(.exe) and the install setup window dialogue box shows on your screen.
- Click yes and your installation process will be started.
- Now accept the terms and conditions to complete the installation process.
- Finally, Click on the finish button to finish the setup.
Your QuickBooks File Doctor tool is installed now.
Points to Note While Using QuickBooks File Doctor
- Uninstall the already installed QuickBooks File Doctor tool before installing the latest version of QFD.
- Make sure that you use an external file doctor tool.
- It works only with the Windows version QuickBooks desktop and doesn’t work with MAC.
- Just tap on the start button whenever you receive a few errors and let the tool perform its scanning process. Your error will be solved in a few minutes.
How to Use QuickBooks Doctor With Built-in Version
As you know, it is an integrated tool, it quickly finds the problem itself and also starts to fix them. However, it is a very simple version, as just user has to hit on the start button to get started and use the tool. This version also corrects faults and problems. The rest of the facts and features of this edition are the same as the stand-alone version. With the help of the below-mentioned process, users can use this tool with this version.
- Firstly, you need to launch the QuickBooks without opening the company files if you use the built-in version.
- After that, you have to browse, choose and click open to start with the company file, which you need to diagnose and repair.
- The user has to select the type of correction process whatever they want to choose from the advanced drop-down settings list and click on the next option.
- If required, enter the login credentials and select next.
- After the completion of the diagnosis and correction, the user should try to open it to see whether it is fixed or not.
How to Use QuickBooks Doctor With Stand-Alone Version
- To start with, You should double click on the icon of QBs Doctor File and then complete the instructions which showed on the screen to complete the installation process.
- Launch the QBFD with the windows taskbar once the utility is installed and is shown on the screen.
- You have to click on the browse option and find the company file that has been destroyed.
- After that, you need to start diagnosis to address any issues with the QBs File.
- Thereafter, you will see two selections from the doctor file window. You have to choose which one is suitable for you. The two options are also self-explanatory so that you can select the best solution easily.
- If the firm file is corrupted or you received the 6000 series errors, it is recommended to pick the first one.
- Else, if network errors exist, ensure that you pick the second one.
- If required, you need to enter the password of the company admin file and then press next.
- Select any of the following two options to go further diagnose and fix the issues.
- If you are running the diagnostic and fixing a customer system, the workstation option is to pick.
- If you diagnose and resolve difficulties on the QuickBooks client system, the server option is to be selected.
- Now, you should close the doctor tool after the operation ends.
- Lastly, it is recommended to open the file of your company whether the results are in favor or not.
For more articles visit: Business
We tried to explain in detail to you all about QuickBooks Doctor and its tools that you should know before using this tool. We also discussed the process of how to use the doctor tool with different versions. Still, if you have a question related to this, you can visit our related content as well.