Cinema HD is one of the best apps for streaming movies and TV shows. It is still legal because it doesn’t use torrent sites to stream its content. You can find all the latest releases on it and its library is growing daily.
Roku users will naturally want to use this free app. The process isn’t as simple as Roku users may think. Here are the steps to enable the Cinema app on Roku.
Cinema HD and Roku
The Cinema HD app is not available in Roku’s online store. It is not possible to download the app and install it directly on your Roku. But, all is not lost. Roku will no longer be available. Instead, you’ll need to download the Roku app to your Android device and then cast it to Roku.
NOTE: Cinema APK has been renamed to Cinema HD. In the rest of this article, we will refer to it as Cinema APK.
Although it may seem complicated, the process is actually quite simple and takes only minutes. This is a step-by-step guide that we have prepared for you. Let’s dig in.
An Android tablet or smartphone is required to watch Cinema HD movies on Roku. We’ve used a smartphone for this tutorial. Keep in mind, that the process is identical for tablets.
Your Android and Roku devices must be connected to the same wifi network. Because the All Screen Receiver app for Android must cast pictures to the All Screen Receiver channel via Wi-Fi, the setup will not work.
First, allow your Android to download apk files other than Google Play. This is how to allow third-party downloading.
- Start the Settings app.
- Next, click on the Security tab. On some devices, it might be called Security & Privacy.
- Look for the tab “Install apps externally”. Tap on More settings if you don’t see it in Security.
- To activate this feature, toggle the switch to on.
This process will be slightly different if your device is running Android Oreo, the most recent version of Android. This feature cannot be toggled globally. Instead, each app that you have installed will need to be granted permission to download and install third-party apps.
Let’s get the app we want now that your Android device has been allowed to install apps from other Google Play. Here’s how you do it:
- Navigate to your preferred browser and visit the Cinema APK download page.
- To download the apk file, click on the Download Cinema APK link.
- Find the Cinema APK file in the Downloads folder of your Android device.
- To begin the installation, tap on the file. You can give permission for the application to be installed if you are on Oreo or another recent Android version.
You will need to download and install All Screen Receiver on Android. This app is also available on Google Play.
- Search for All Screen Receiver in the app’s menu. It should automatically recognize the app and direct you to its download page.
- To install the app, tap on the Install button.
- Wait for the installation and download to finish.
Once you have the apps installed on your Android device, it’s time to download the All Screen Receiver for Roku. You can find this app in the Roku store as a channel. Let’s grab it.
- Start the Channel Store app on your Roku device.
- Locate the All Screen Receiver App.
- Select the “+Add channel” option from the app’s channel.
This will install the All Screen Receiver app/channel on your Roku device.
Once everything is set up, make sure you check your Wi-Fi connection to ensure that both devices are connected. Select the All Screen Receiver channel from your Roku.
- Launch Cinema APK on your Android phone.
- Select the TV show or movie you wish to see.
- Next, tap on the movie/episode to start playing.
- A context menu will then appear on the screen.
- From the menu, choose the Open With… option.
- Select the All Screen option from the menu.
This will automatically send the image from your Android phone to Roku’s ASR channel.
Also read: Best movies to watch with your friends
With a little help from your smartphone or Android tablet, you can view Cinema APK on Roku. Although it may take some time to master the basics, it is well worth it in the end.
Are you a Cinema APK movie and TV show watcher on Roku? Would you consider giving it a try? Let us know if you have a better or easier way to stream content using this app on Roku in the comments below.