Individuals who exhibit symptoms, such as; frequent nose and gum bleeding must visit the best hematologist in Lahore. The symptoms correlate with thrombopenia, which requires immediate medical attention to avoid complications.
Thrombopenia is a condition in which the levels of platelets abnormally decrease. The person suffers excessive bleeding and bruises. The common symptoms of thrombopenia are:
- The patient suffers from frequent nose bleeding.
- The patient can notice gum bleeding without any prior medical condition.
- The patient suffers from an unbearable headache most of the time.
- The patient suffers from rashes all over the body,
- Women can notice heavy menstruation bleeding, which causes weakness.
- Patients can notice blood in the urine.
- The patient can notice that their wounds take longer to heal.
- The wounds easily bleed without exerting external pressure.
- The patient remains lethargic. The weakness causes the person to remain inactive for most of the day.
What are the known causes of the condition?
The known causes of thrombopenia are:
- There is low production of platelets in the bone marrow that cause the patient to experience the symptoms such as heavy bleeding and bruising.
- The increase in the breakdown of platelets in the bloodstream causes the patient suffers from the symptoms of thrombopenia.
- The increase in the breakdown of platelets in the liver or the spleen can lead to the condition.
- A viral or bacterial infection in the body can lead to distortion in the production and breakdown of platelets in the body,
- Individuals suffering from immune disorders are more likely to suffer from the condition.
- People who engage in high consumption of alcohol are prone to suffer from multiple health problems, including thrombopenia.
- People undergoing chemotherapy for cancer treatment are at a higher risk of developing the condition as a side effect.
- Individuals suffering from swelling in the spleen are at a higher risk of suffering from the condition.
What steps can help prevent the occurrence of the condition?
The steps that can help minimize the chances of the person suffering from the condition are:
- People who consume alcohol are at a higher risk, as alcohol affects the production of platelets in the body. Therefore, it is essential to eradicate or limit the intake of alcohol.
- People should avoid exposure to harsh chemicals and pesticides, as they affect the production of platelets.
- People must avoid taking medications that may have an adverse impact on the production of platelets in the body. Blood thinners should be taken only on the advice of the doctor.
- People must get vaccinated against viruses. It will help minimize the chances of infections and correlated side effects.
What tests help diagnose a person with thrombopenia?
The tests that help diagnose the patient with thrombopenia are:
- Blood Testing: The complete blood test help check the levels of RBCs, WBCs, and platelets in the blood.
- Blood Smear Test: The test helps evaluate the structure of the platelets under a microscope.
- Imaging Testing: The ultrasound helps detect abnormalities in the spleen that may have an effect on the production of platelets in the body.
- Bone Marrow Testing: The test help check if there is sufficient production of red blood cells in the body.
What are the effective treatment options available for thrombopenia?
The medications to help manage the symptoms are:
- Use of Corticosteroids: The medication helps slow the process of platelet destruction.
- Immunoglobin Therapy: Patients with autoimmune diseases are given immunoglobin therapy to suppress the immune response.
The procedures to treat thrombopenia are:
- Splenectomy: The procedure involves the removal of the spleen if the spleen is causing the distortion in the production of the platelets.
- Blood Transfusion: If there is a sudden abnormal decrease in platelets, the patient requires a blood transfusion.
Individuals who exhibit the symptoms that correlate with the condition must seek immediate help from a Hematologist in Karachi. The specialist will conduct relevant tests to evaluate the cause of the disease and provide proper guidance regarding the most effective treatment plan depending on the severity of the condition.