Carpets and rugs add a sense of elegance to your home décor. A beautiful carpet will instantly elevate the style of the room. A multicolor rug makes the room look more cozy and comfortable. But anyone who has carpet on the floor knows how tough it is to clean the carpet. It is especially tough if you have a pet in the house. You will always find dog hair and cat hair on your carpet. And don’t even get started on spilling drinks. However, every problem has an innovative solution. Continue reading this article to learn practical tips on cleaning your carpet.
Vacuum Daily: The basic rule of carpet cleaning is you have to do it regularly. So, whether you like it or not, you must clean your carpet daily to remove dust. Some dust settles on the top layer of the carpet, and when you vacuum regularly, the dust particles can be easily removed. However, if you do not clean the carpet daily, the dust particles get into the carpet fiber, making the carpet look dirty and old. In addition, you will find it difficult to clean the carpet if you try to clean it after a few days.
- There are different models of vacuum cleaners available in the market. Make sure you find the right model suited to your needs.
- Do you have carpet on your stairs? If yes, you might require a different model of vacuum altogether. Be sure to invest in different vacuum cleaners to clean different areas of the house.
Train Your Pets: Some people have large dogs in their house but do not let them sit on the carpet. The floor is good enough for these giant beasts. If you let your dogs sit on your furniture and carpet, they are bound to make the furniture dirty. Dogs carry fleas on their bodies, which can easily transfer onto the carpet. Pet owners often find traces of dog saliva and feces on their carpets. So, the carpet area becomes unhealthy for your kids to sit on.
- Keep the dog food away from the living room area.
- Make a separate corner for the dogs where you can store their food and their food bowl.
- Clean the dog’s corner multiple times a day.
Wine Spillage: You and your friends are having fun on the couch, drinking wine, and all of a sudden, the bottle gets spilled out. Your white rug gets stained instantly; it’s nothing new. Everyone who has a whole rug has experienced spillage. You can never be too careful.
- Take a wet rag and soak as much as possible. Even then, you may find the carpet has a large statin on it.
- To get your carpet cleaned thoroughly, you can opt for commercial carpet cleaning services in Tacoma, WA. Professional cleaners take time to remove all the dirt and dust from the carpet. They also get rid of the stains and pet hairs from your carpet. When you finally get back your carpet, it will look as good as new. So, you may opt for professional carpet cleaning every six months or so to keep your carpet looking brand new.